A debate is being organised by the Foundation for Media Professionals in partnership with the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung on – “Right to Offend: Freedom of Expression in the Internet Age“.
Thursday, 29 March 2012
10.30 am to 1.00 pm
India International Centre, Multipurpose Hall, New Delhi
- Dr Abhayraj Nayak, Centre for Public Law and Jurisprudence, Jindal Global Law School
- R. Jagannathan, Editor, Firstpost.com, senior journalist
- Apar Gupta, lawyer on technical issues relating to the internet
- Menaka Guruswami, Supreme Court Lawyer
- Lawrence Liang, visiting fellow, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
- Karthika V.K., publisher and chief editor, Harper Collins Publishers India
- P Rajiv, MP & Member, Standing Committee on Information technology
- Shuddhabrata Sengupta, artist, writer and Co-founder, Sarai programme at the Centre for the study of Developing societies.
Paranjoy Guha Thakurta will moderate.