The United Nations Department of Public Information, in partnership with the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), is running the 3rd annual Citizen Ambassadors video contest from 8 August 2011 to 8 September 2011.
Rules of the Contest:
– Only entries submitted via YouTube will be eligible for consideration. To sign up for an account on YouTube, please visit http://www.youtube.com/create_account.
– Video entries must not exceed 30 seconds in length.
– The contestant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date he/she enters the contest.
– The submitted video must begin with the phrase “Excuse me, Mr. Secretary-General…”
– Submitted videos must be recorded in English or French or subtitled in English or French.
– Each entrant must fill out the Entry Form.
– Video submissions may not contain any offensive or inappropriate content, according to United Nations principles and practices, and must comply with YouTube’s general terms and conditions.
– Current or former staff members, interns or retirees of the United Nations Organization, its Agencies, Funds or Programmes and any family and/or house-hold members of these staff members are not eligible.
– The contest will end on 8 September 2011 at 11:55 p.m. New York time (EST). Entries submitted after this time or modified past the end of the contest will not be eligible.
– The results will be announced in October 2011 on the official Citizen Ambassadors website http://www.uncitizenambassadors.org/ and on the UN Channel on YouTube.
For further information, email citizenambassador[at]un.org. Include the URL of your video submission and your YouTube profile name in your email.